Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Catching up

This posting will be my time to catch up on time passed. Why am I not just starting with today? Well, since my diagnosis I found that talking and writing is very therapeutic for me in dealing with the many thoughts and feelings I have to tackle on a daily basis. Some may say that they too have things they tackle on a daily basis, and be that as it may, but not everyone is the same. Each person has their way of coping with things but for Luv Lee it is mellow music playing (with me trying to sing in the back ground of course lol) and my laptop. Anyway, here is how the Month of March went for me.

March 

This month was actually pretty calm and is also the birthday month of my son, my nephew, a friend of 15 years, one of my Sorors, my Superhero friend, the month my aunt Tammi Terrell died (yes Ain't No Mountain High Enough with Marvin Gaye), and the month my grand pop died (1983). Every year my friend of 15 years never fails to either do something for me for my birthday or gets me something for my birthday so this year I decided to treat her to the Mike Epps Concert which actually was the same day as my son's birthday. For him I made the decision to just give him money because I had no idea what to do for him. Well, a few days before the concert my friend calls to tell me she has a family emergency and cannot meet up with me that Friday. She didn't know I was taking her to see Mike Epps because it was a surprise but I told her what I was going to do since she couldn't come. She was disappointed and told me to enjoy it. I then decided to take my son with me and surprise him so I told him I was taking him somewhere special and he had to be ready by a certain time that day. 

He had no idea where he was going and then right before we got to the coliseum I told him that I was taking him to see Mike Epps. That boy lit up like a 100 watt light bulb lmbo!! He was very excited and happy to be spending his 19th birthday with me but especially at this concert. He said it was the best birthday that he has ever had and he will never ever forget it! I am so glad that he was able to enjoy himself like he did despite the adversities that have been gnawing at him lately. After the concert I dropped him off to hang out with his friends for the remainder of the night and I went home to turn in because I was sooooo tired!!! 

This month was a calm one and I am thankful for that especially since the next couple of months ahead turned out to be a real challenge. Well until then know that you are fearfully made!!

Luv Lee

 

No comments:

Post a Comment